Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome










When you drive over the causeway that bisects Moose Pond on Route 302 in Bridgton you have little chance of missing the mountain to the south of the road. The mountain is named Pleasant Mountain, the ski area is called Shawnee Peak. And if you pay attention you will notice the world LOV jumps out at you.

Pleasant Mountain began it's life as a ski area in 1938 and has served as home for generations of skiers. I'm one of them. So are my parents, as are my kids.

My name is Sven Cole. I am lifelong skier, a part time writer, a full time dreamer of snow, and I proudly call Pleasant Mountain home. From the stories I already know too the stories I look forward to uncovering I am setting out to collect and share the stories of Pleasant Mountain with you.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Great Sven! I hope you get lots of stories. Do you remember Russ, Hans, Rudy? Do you remember when the lifts went in, an unusually good (or poor!) year. Are you a DownEaster?!
    Do you remember when the mid station blew over or have fond memories of Ladies Day and the mulled wine? Anyone for a freestyle demonstration on the Main Slope or a fashion show on the deck? How did all the trails get their names? I can't wait to see your stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend and I are doing a video/slideshow project on shawnee peak for our English class at LRHS. Would it be alright with you if we used these pictures in our project and give you photo credit?

    ReplyDelete